Terms & conditions
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
A holiday booking is guaranteed when we receive a non-refundable deposit of 40% of the total holiday cost and a completed booking form. Before this time the booking is provisional and will be held for a maximum of 6 days. Payment must be made in pounds sterling by cheque or by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal using our automated payment system on this website.
3 FINAL PAYMENT
The full balance of the holiday cost must be paid no later than 30 days before the start of the holiday. If the full balance is not paid on time, the booking may be cancelled and the deposit forfeited. Provisional bookings made fewer than 30 days before the start of the holiday will only be held for 24 hours unless payment is made in full.
If the holiday is cancelled fewer than 30 days before the start date we will try to rebook the property and, if successful, we will refund monies paid less the deposit. If the holiday is cancelled more than 30 days before the start date only the deposit will be forfeited. We cannot make refunds in the event of bad weather. We therefore strongly advise guests to take out holiday cancellation insurance to cover these eventualities.
5 RIGHT TO REFUSE
We reserve the right to refuse any booking and, in exceptional circumstances, to cancel or alter arrangements made. If it is necessary to cancel the booking due to circumstances outside our control we will refund in full all monies paid to us by you.
6 ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Guests must arrive no earlier than 4 pm on the arrival day. You will be met at your accommodation with the keys. The accommodation must be vacated no later than 10.00am on the departure date in order to allow for cleaning.
7 GUEST OBLIGATIONS
• Smoking is not permitted inside the accommodation.
• Guests must allow access to the accommodation for essential reasons at a time convenient to them.
• Guests must not cause annoyance to other guests or neighbours.
• The accommodation must only be used by the guests listed on the
• Guests must report and pay for any breakage, loss or damage.
• Guests must leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition, and must put back any furniture that has been moved.
• Guests may be asked to leave their accommodation because of unreasonable behaviour or damage, a pets aggressive behaviour or excessive barking, and in such cases no refund shall be due.
• Guests must not use the WIFI provision for any unlawful or illegal purpose.
The owners of Benallack Barn shall not be held responsible for the loss of any valuables left on or around the premises and are not liable for any damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to person or property which may be sustained in or around the property.
Guests must be responsible for their own and their babies’ safety inside the property and when outside.
We take care to maintain our accommodation to a high standard. Please notify the owners immediately of any problem that may arise so that we can rectify it.